1. What makes the Ultrapak so different than other portable battery packs?
A: The Ultrapak features the newest in charging technology, Ultra-X. By utilizing this technology, the Ultrapak can recharge itself in just a fraction of the time compared to conventional battery packs. Learn more about Ultra-X.
2. Does the Ultrapak charge my device faster?
A: While the Ultrapak produces up to a 2.1A charging speed, it will not increase the pre-determined charging speed of your phone. The Ultrapak has the ability to recharge itself, up to 8X faster, freeing you from charging outlets at work or at home.
3. How many times can this device charge my iPhone?
A: Because each generation of iPhone has a different battery capacity charging results from the Ultrapak can vary. However, iPhone 5 users can generally expect about 6X full charges when using the Tour and 1.5X charges when using the Go
4. Can I use this device to charge other, various devices?
A: Yes, the Ultrapak is uNuversal, meaning you can use the Ultrapak to charge almost any mobile device!
5. My Ultrapak tends to get a bit hot, is something wrong?
A: Because the Ultrapak converts large amounts of energy quickly, the Ultrapak can generate a fair amount of heat. We recommend keeping the Ultrapak on a hard cool surface while it is recharging.
6. How many charging cycles does the Ultrapak have?
A: The uNu Ultrapak generally yields 500 charging cycles in its lifetime.
7. Can I use my own charging cables?
A: Yes, you can use your own charging cables, this way you can charge additional products like the iPhone 5. Please make sure the cables you use are in good condition.
8. Is the warranty for this product similar to the warranty on the phone cases?
A: All products sold by uNu Electronics are covered by a one-year manufacturer warranty. For more information on our warranty please click here.
9. What can I do to get the most out of my battery?
A: Some helpful tips include: Fully charging the Ultrapak by itself overnight before using the product for the first time and keeping the Ultrapak out of Ultrapak temperatures to minimize battery degradation. If you would like to learn more about how to get the most out of your Ultrapak click here.
10. How do I charge my Ultrapak?
A: Included with the Ultrapak is a wall adapter. Simply plug the wall adapter into a wall socket and the other end into the input port on the Ultrapak. The Ultrapak will indicate how much time remains till full on the intelligent LED screen.
11. How do I know if my Ultrapak has power?
A: Simply press the power button once. The screen will turn ON and indicate power percentage levels remaining. If the Ultrapak does not turn ON it is fully out of power.
12. How do I turn my Ultrapak ON and OFF?
A: Simply, press the power button on the side of the Ultrapak to turn it ON. The Ultrapak will automatically turn OFF after 25 seconds of non-use.
13. What's the difference between the Tablet and Smartphone Charging Ports?
A: The two ports have different power outputs. The Smartphone output port has a 5V/1A output used for charging smart-phones, iPods and MP3’s. The Tablet port has a 5V/2.1A output to charge larger devices like tablets and e-readers.
14. I need more help with my Ultrapak!
A: If you do not see the answer you are looking for here. We also have a general FAQ section which might help answer your question, or you can go to our technical support page to ask a specific question.